Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Wheat Beer Braised Chicken Thighs
16 chicken thighs
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoons black pepper
1/2 cup za'atar*
1 Tablespoons dried oregano
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 teaspoons garlic, minced
4 tomatoes, cut into 6 pieces each
2 bottles Hefenweizen Wheat Beer
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup green olives, pitted
1/2 cup black olives, pitted
1 lemon, zested
- Place chicken thighs on flat surface; sprinkle with salt, pepper, za'atar and oregano.
- In deep skillet over medium high heat, arm olive oil. Add chicken thighs and cook, turning, until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Add onion pieces, garlic, tomatoes, 1 bottle Hefenweizer Wheat Beer and chicken stock. Lower heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover pan; add secon bottle of beer, green olives, black olives and lemon zest. Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken thighs on grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side.