Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/4 hours
Backyard Barbecue Spareribs
2 slabs pork spareribs
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups cherry cola soft drink
1/4 cup vinegar
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, for indirect cooking.
- Prepare a medium-hot banked fire in covered kettle style grill.
- Cut each slab of ribs between ribs into four pieces.
- Place rib-side-down over indirect heat and grill for 1 1/4 hours.
- In a saucepan combine catsup, Worcestershire sauce, cherry cola, vinegar, paprika, chili powder, pepper and onion; simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush ribs generously with sauce and continue to cook, about 20-30 minutes, basting and turning often, until ribs are nicely glazed.
These classically flavored spareribs are good any time of year. Serve ribs with corn on the cob, creamy cole slaw and corn muffins.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.