Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 3 - 4 hours
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hour
Grilled Pork Loin with Honey and Port
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups tawny port
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 cup minced green onions
1 cup dried apricots
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Rub pork loin with olive oil and kosher salt.
- Place in bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan.
- Heat to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Reserve half marinade and set aside.
- Pour remaining hot marinade over pork; cover and chill for several hours.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding used marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Sear all sides of pork roast.
- Move roast over indirect heat.
- Cover grill; cook pork to an internal temperature of 150ºF., about 35 minutes.
- Remove from grill.
- Cover and keep warm for 15 minutes.
- Reserve all juices.
- Heat reserved marinade to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes; add pork juices and simmer a few minutes more.
- Slice pork loin to serve; arrange on plates.
- Pour warm sauce over slices.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.