Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Nutty Blue Cheese-Stuffed Pork Chops
4 bone-in pork loin rib chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
1/2 cup carrot, shredded
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup plain yogurt
4 teaspoons flour
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
Dash ground black pepper
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- For stuffing
- Stir together carrot, pecans, 1/4 cup blue cheese, green onion and Worcestershire sauce in small bowl.
- Cut opening in each chop from the outer side; widen opening into pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop.
- Fill pockets in chops with equal amounts of the stuffing.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Place on grid and grill until internal temperature is 160ºF. (check temperature in thickest part of meat).
- For sauce
- Stir together yogurt and flour in small saucepan.
- Whisk in milk, bouillon granules and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, whisking constantly.
- Cook and whisk for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons blue cheese, if desired.
- Remove toothpicks from chops.
- Spoon sauce over chops.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.