Makes: 12 servings
Prep Time: Overnight
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Thai Pork and Mango Salad with Mango-Mint Dressing
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pund)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
4 cups shredded coleslaw mixture (cabbage and carrots)
4 cups chopped romaine
1 chopped baby bok choy
(dark green leaves only)
2 large reip mangos, peeled, pitted and diced
1 cup matchstick pieces red bell pepper
2 tablespoons thin matchstick pieces
red bell pepper
2 tablespoons thin matchstick pieces peeled fresh ginger
Mango Mint Dressing:
1 peeled and pitted mango
1 medium peeled and chopped shallot
1 sliced green onion
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Season pork lightly with salt and pepper, then rub curry paste onto the surface of the meat.
- Place on grid and grillfor 20 to 25 minutes or until pork has an internal temperature of 160°F., as measured with an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- Cut into strips and place in a large bowl with coleslaw, romaine, bok choy, mango, red pepper and ginger.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat.
- Mango-Mint Dressing:
- Puree mango, shallot, green onion, rice vinegar, vegetable oil, sesame oil and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Addfresh mint leaves and pulse until mint is chopped.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.