Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
The Other Burger
1 pound ground pork
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt.
add 2 tsp soy sauce
add 2 tbs dry sherry
add 1 tbs grated
add 3 drops hot pepper sauce
add 1 grated carrot
add 3 tbsp chopped parsley.
South of the Border Burger:
add 1/4 tsp ground cumin
add 1/4 tsp oregano
add 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
add 1/4 tsp crushed red chiles.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Gently mix together ground pork and seasonings.
- Shape into 4 burgers about 3/4-inch in thickness.
- Place on grill and grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn and finish grilling 4-5 minutes more, until an instant read thermometer reads 160ºF.
- Serve immediately, on sandwich buns if desired.
Create a variety of burgers on the grill with the different herbs and spices. Use your imagination or one of the variations for other seasoning ideas to give pork burgers an international flair.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.