Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes - Overnight
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Tuscan Pork and Beans
1 pound pork tenderloin
6 cloves roasted garlic, mashed*
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Olive oil cooking spray
2 large portabella mushrooms, sliced (about 1/3 pound)
3 tablespoons water, divided
2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained
3 tablespoons tomato paste
12 ounces ready-to-sue polenta roll, sliced 1/3-inch thick
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley leaves, garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine about 1/3 mashed garlic with 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper, salt and cinnamon.
- Rub seasonings onto pork.
- Spray pork with olive oil; place on grill.
- Grill 8-9 minutes on each side, or until internal temperture is 155 degrees F.
- While pork is cooking, spray a heavy nonstick sauce pan with olive oil and place over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and 1 tablespoon water; saute 2 minutes or until mushroom are softened.
- Stir in beans, remaining garlic, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper, 2 tablespoons water and tomato paste.
- When pork reaches 155ºF., remove from grill and cut into rough bite-size pieces.
- Add pork pieces to beans and stir.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 3-5 minutes.
- While pork and beans are simmering, spray polenta slices on both sides with olive oil.
- Place on grill and cook, turning once, until hot.
- Place 2 or 3 polenta slices on each plate.
- Top each plate with 1/4 of the pork and beans.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over each portion.