Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Grilled Chicken and Lemon Salad
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- To prepare chicken, combine the first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add chicken to bag, and seal.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Cool completely; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- To prepare salad, cook peas in boiling water 30 seconds.
- Drain, and rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Combine peas and next 7 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl; add chicken, tossing to combine.
- Place 1 3/4 cups chicken salad on each of 4 plates.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light magazine.