Makes: 8 servings (5 cups each)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Fruit BBQ Marinade
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1/2 cup cider vinegar
4 cups pineapple juice
1 (16 ounce) jar pineapple fruit preserves
- Brown onions, and red peppers in olive oil.
- Add brown sugar, garlic, mustard, and cider vinegar.
- Cook for one minute on high or until bubbly.
- Add pineapple juice.
- Marinade meat of choice overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Cook on barbecue and baste frequently with the marinade.
- Near the end of the cooking, add preserves to top and allow to brown slightly.