Makes: 5 servings
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Cedar Plank Salmon with Orange Glaze
4 fresh California King Salmon fillets© (six-oz.)
2 cups white wine or vegetable broth
2 cups clam juice or fish stock
1 lemon, quartered
2 mint sprigs
8 oz mixed salad greens
2 cups fresh pineapple cubes, well drained
1-1/3 cups fresh raspberries
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- Soak the cedar plank in water for at least two hours and then drain.
- Preheat grill to mediium-high heat, for indirect cooking.
- Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, and heat for 10 minutes.
- While the plank is heating, use a zester or the small holes on a box grater and remove about one teaspoon of the outer skin of the orange and combine with the marmalade, mustard, and mint leaves.
- Slice the orange into thin slices, removing the outer peel, and set aside.
- Carefully lay the salmon fillets (on what was skin-side down) on the hot plank, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with the orange glaze.
- Place the orange slices and almonds if desired on top.
- Cook, with grill covered, until the salmon flakes, about 30 minutes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Ocean Garden Products, Inc.