Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Grilled New Potato Salad with Bacon and Scallions
6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp, then coarsely crumbled
2 pounds red new potatoes (golf-ball size), scrubbed and poked with a fork
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 green onions, including green tops, cut crosswise into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil until well coated.
- Arrange potatoes around cool outer edges of grill or place on upper rack if grill is so equipped.
- Cover and grill potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are grilling, put green onions and bacon in a large bowl, and make dressing.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, salt, sugar and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When potatoes are tender, transfer to a cutting board and cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half and add to bacon and onions in the bowl.
- Stir dressing to combine and pour over potatoes.
- Gently toss to thoroughly combine.
- Serve immediately.