Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 6 hours to Overnight
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Tequila Steak Pizza on the Grill
1 pound beef skirt steak
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup chopped seeded tomato
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
4 medium flower tortillas (about 8-inch diameter)
2 cups shredded Chihuahua or Mexican blend cheese
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
1⁄4 cup tequila
1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl.
- Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons for topping; cover and refrigerate.
- Place beef steak and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid and grill, uncovered, 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine corn, tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, salt and reserved marinade in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Remove steak; keep warm.
- Place tortillas on grid. Grill, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are evenly toasted, rotating tortillas around grid as needed to prevent over browning.
- Turn tortillas over; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Grill 1 to 3 minutes or until bottoms are toasted and cheese starts to melt, rotating around grid as needed.
- Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Season with salt, as desired.
- Top tortillas with equal amounts of beef and corn mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.