Makes: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 6 hours - Overnight
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chipotle-Marinated Beef Flank Steak
1 beef flank steak (about 1 1⁄2 to 2 pounds) or beef top round steak,
cut 1 inch thick (about 1 – 3⁄4 pounds)
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from chilies)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon freshly grated lime peel
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grid and grill uncovered to desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Season with salt, as desired.