Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Grilled Potato Skins
2 large baking potatoes
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges.
- Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins.
- Place skins on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter, rosemary, salt and pepper; brush over both sides of potato skins.
- Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes longer.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with bacon and onions.
- Serve with sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of the National Beer Wholesalers Association.