Makes: 6 servings
Raspberry Puff Pastries
1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm® Frozen Puff Pastry Shells
1 pt. heavy cream
1 tablespoon of Grand Marinier
1/4 cup freshly grated orange zest
15 squares (1 oz. each) milk chocolate, chopped
1 pt. fresh raspberries (or blackberries)
- Preheat your grill to medium. (375ºF)
- Place shells on a cookie sheet on the grill and cook as directed.
- When the shells are cooked, remove the centers and return the shells to the oven as directed to firm up the inside of the puff pastry.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In medium saucepan, over side burner, add orange zest and liquor to the cream and heat the mixture to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour the orange cream mixture into the bowl of milk chocolate.
- Let it stand 10 minutes or until the chocolate melts.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream until smooth.
- Fill each pastry shell with raspberries and place the filled shells in a dessert dish.
- Pour the orange-milk chocolate sauce around the filled pastry.
- Garnish the dessert with a few loose berries and a mint sprig.
Recipe courtesy of Rick Browne, www.barbecueamerica.com