Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Espresso-Bourbon Steak with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
2 to 4 teaspoons coarsely cracked black pepper
Mashed Sweet Potatoes (recipe follows)
Steamed green beans
1⁄4 cup bourbon
1⁄4 cup maple syrup
1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all sauce ingredients, except pepper, in small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 12 to 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduced by about half, stirring occasionally. Stir in pepper. Keep warm.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Prepare Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
- Meanwhile press coarsely cracked pepper on both sides of beef steak.
- Place steaks on grid and grill uncovered to desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- Evenly divide sauce onto 4 plates.
- Place steak on top of sauce.
- Serve with Mashed Sweet potatoes and green beans.