Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Dr Pepper Smokehouse Burgers with Smokey Sweet Onions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon McCormick® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices Cheddar or American cheese
- 6 hamburger rolls
- Lettuce, tomato and condiments (optional)
- HEAT oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions and 1 teaspoon of the Seasoning; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add 1/4 cup of the Dr Pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until soda has evaporated. Set aside.
- MIX remaining 1/4 cup Dr Pepper and 1 tablespoon Seasoning in large bowl until well blended. Add ground beef; mix lightly. Shape into 6 patties.
- GRILL over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F). Add cheese slices to burgers 1 minute before cooking is completed. Toast rolls on the grill, open-side down, about 30 seconds or until golden. Serve burgers on toasted rolls with onions. Garnish with desired toppings and condiments.